Transit authorities and light railway operators are using the Internet of Things (IoT) to deploy applications that connect vehicles with transit operations, improve the onboard commuting experience, and evolve to an multi-modal transport model.
- By connecting public transit fleets with wireless machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions, operators can:
- Provide more efficient transportation services through real-time fare payment, improved schedule management, and optimized fuel consumption
- Offer commuters a better ride experience with mobile WiFi to access the Internet, the latest travel information, and online ticketing services
- Increase customer loyalty by leveraging usage data – such as ticketing, travel information, web browsing – to create new services or offers
- Generate additional revenues through digital advertising in stations, coaches and vehicles
Fortunately, public cellular networks are ideal in such scenarios. When transit authorities connect applications to cellular networks via the latest LTE technologies, they can support multiple commercial and professional services as well as provide customers with WiFi bandwidth speeds comparable to what they have at 手机购彩软件.
Whether you’re in the initial stages of bringing your transit assets into the IoT or integrating public and private transport options build an multi-modal network, talk to Sierra Wireless. We have market-leading products that meet the transit industry’s demanding requirements and proven expertise in helping transit organizations around the world build innovative services that utilize the IoT.